Blogs and websites of interest to gourmets on food products, their characteristics and how to judge them with a discerning eye.
- Curious Cook – Personal site of Harold McGee, USA.
- Blinded By Science – Personal blog of Andrew Pilsch, USA.
- Khymos – Personal website and blog of Martin Lersch, Norway.
- The Nutrition Data Blog – Monica Reinagel blog on nutrition (inside NutritionData.com, a Condé Nast magazine, USA.
Other Food Blogs
- À la cuisine – Personal website of Clement Lo, Toronto, Ontario.
- Chocolate & Zucchini – Personal bilingual website of Clotilde Dusoulier, France.
- Edible Tulip – Personal website of Daphne Randall, Ontario.
- Lex Culinaria – Personal website of Lynette Stanley-Maddock, Edmonton, Alberta.
- The Appetizer – Recipes, reviews, tips, gadgets, etc., from Gina Mallet, Amy Rosen, Bonnie Stern and other guest posts in the National Post.
- The Delish Bite – One of Lindsay Evans’ blogs about food and entertaining, with her favourite recipes for Green Living.
- BBC Food – BBC portal.
- Ekopedia – The food portal of Ekopedia, a wiki dedicated to providing answers and spreading practical knowledge related to environmental sustainability.
- Food.ca – Canadian site for the Canadian food industry.
- Food Network – Canwest Broadcasting activities and resources.
- Organic Facts – Portal on organic food, India.
- Portfoil – Italian portal on olive oil.
- Serious Eats – American portal on family cooking.
- The Food Portal – Wikipedia’s food portal.
Portals on Food, Nutrition and Cooking
For a more extensive list of food blogs
Other Canadian Websites
- Agri-Traçabilité Québec (ATQ) – Identification and traceability of Quebec agri-food products.
- Food Recalls and Allergy Alerts – Recalls and alerts from CFIA.
- Nutrition Labelling – Health Canada
- La Direction générale de la transformation alimentaire et des marchés (DGTAM) previously “Transformation alimentaire Québec (TRANSAQ)” – List of Quebec food suppliers from ICRIQ (Banque d’information industrielle of the Centre de Recherche Industrielle du Québec) and MAPAQ (Ministère de l’Agriculture, des Pêcheries et de l’Alimentation du Québec / Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food – Quebec).